There are so many details that go into planning your big day! Shortly after a couple gets engaged the questions start rolling in! “When are you getting married?” “When?” Those are not easy questions and require a lot of thought and research! There is a lot to consider when choosing your wedding venue. There are so many beautiful locations to choose from that simply liking a venue is not enough reason to book that location. Here are a few things to consider while choosing your wedding venue:
- Space! I recommend having your guest list done before you book your wedding venue. You want to make sure that the venue will comfortably fit and accommodate all your guests. Find out whether cocktail hour will be held indoors or outdoors and whether there will be seating available. Ask how the tables, chairs, buffet, and DJ booth will be set up and ask to sneak a peek at the venue when another wedding is taking place!
- Parking! Make sure the location has a good size parking lot, is located near a large parking lot, or has easily available and accessible street parking. If not, ask whether there is a shuttle or bus that will drive guests to the venue.
- Backup plan! Whether you are having your wedding indoors or outdoors, in the winter, spring, summer, or fall, it is important to find out if the venue has a backup plan! What happens if it rains and you are planning on having an outdoor wedding? Ask whether they have a separate location and ask to see just to be safe. The same goes for extreme heat. Will they have umbrellas up to shield your guests from the sun? Is air conditioning available? What happens if the air conditioning breaks? Be prepared and don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- Colors and décor! If you plan on having a themed wedding you want to make sure that the location fits your vision. Little details such as carpet color, wall color, curtains and number of windows can make a huge difference. If you plan on having a shabby chic spring wedding, a red carpet can throw everything off! Make sure not to overlook these minor details that can make a huge difference.
- Extra fees! Ask the coordinator about extra fees! For example, is there a corkage fee, a cake cutting fee, overtime fees, service fees! Also, ask what is included in your package. Is catering included? Tables and chairs? Don’t be afraid to make a list with all your questions. It is better to be prepared than surprised!
As Los Angeles Wedding Photographers, we love consulting with our current and potential clients on how to pick the best wedding venue. If you would like any information or advice, just use the contact form below to get in touch with us!